Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Celebrate!

I have a dear friend who celebrates the whole month of her birthday! I find it to be very sweet. But today is MY birthday. I started my celebration a few days ago, by taking a mini vacation with my kids. We left Sunday afternoon and arrived in the Twin Ports area around 4 o'clock. After meeting up with one of my daughter's co-workers for a minute, we went to Canal Park where met up with another of her friends, ate dinner, and walked around the Lake walk. It was a stunning evening!


It was there that I spotted this bench:


I thought it was the coolest thing ever :)




On Monday, we spent most of the day at the beach on Lake Superior in Wisconsin Point. Usually the lake is much too cold to swim in, but today was perfect. While the water was certainly 'cool', it wasn't uncomfortable. I love that the water is so clear and clean.

That evening we were invited to the home of my daughter's co-worker/boss. He grilled us a great dinner, we played a frisbee game, and capped the night off with great conversation around the fire pit and smores!



Before our departure on Tuesday, we ate a late lunch at The Anchor Bar. They serve great burgers!


As short as it was, this was one of our very best vacations. Even my 16 year old son agrees.

I'm blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment